August 5, 2015
Contact: Christie Shaw, (541)263-0661
Jamie Knight, (541)963-0195, (541)786-0501
Northeast Oregon District Wildfire Blog: bluemountainfireinfo.blogspot.com/
ODF on Twitter: twitter.com/ORDeptForestry
- Open fires are prohibited, including campfires, charcoal fires, cooking and warming fires, except at designated locations. Designated locations within the Regulated Use Closure area can be found at the following State Parks: Emigrant Springs, Ukiah Dale, Catherine Creek, Hilgard Junction, Red Bridge, Wallowa Lake, Minam, and Unity Lake. Make sure campfires in these designated locations are DEAD OUT before leaving.
- Debris burning is prohibited, including the use of burn barrels.
- Non-Industrial chain saw use is prohibited, between the hours of 10:00 a.m. and 8:00 p.m. Chain saw use is permitted at all other hours, if the following firefighting equipment is present with each operating saw: one axe, one shovel, and one 8 ounce or larger fire extinguisher. In addition, a fire watch is required at least one 1 hour following the use of each saw.
- Smoking is prohibited while traveling, except in vehicles on improved roads, in boats on the water, or at a cleared area.
- Use of motor vehicles, including motorcycles and all terrain vehicles (ATVs), is prohibited except on improved roads, except for the commercial culture and harvest of agricultural crops.
- Cutting, grinding and welding is prohibited between the hours of 10:00 am. and 8:00 p.m. Cutting, grinding and welding of metal is permitted at all other hours, if conducted in a cleared area and if a water supply is present, unless specifically waived by the State Forester.
- Mowing of dried and cured grass with power driven equipment is prohibited.
- Use of fireworks is prohibited.
- Any electric fence controller in use shall be: 1) Listed by a nationally recognized testing laboratory or be certified by the Department of Consumer and Business Services; and 2 ) Operated in compliance with manufacturer’s instructions.
Note that when traveling from private land onto federal land, land use restrictions change. Please check restrictions before conducting activities in the outdoors. More information for fire danger in Northeast Oregon can be found at bmidc.org/restrictions.shtml.
Wallowa Unit (541) 886-2881
Pendleton Unit (541) 276-3491
To report a fire, contact:
Blue Mountain Interagency Dispatch (541) 963-7171
Or, call 9-1-1.